1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sarah Silverman Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Like, the back of my Volkswagen?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The newsroom?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sarah is one good looking woman, and while her humor can be tough to understand for some people, I like what she offers.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Allen --

Has the thought of her deep-throating Jimmy Kimmel ruined it at all for you?

I must admit, my ardour has been a bit chastened by that mental image.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm guessing there's an even odds chance she went down on Andy Dick backstage at one of those roasts. Of course, he was probably thinking of Bob Barker the whole time.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

She isn't in character. She plays herself. Her sister plays her sister, and her friends play her friends. The only thing different is, well outside of her having sex with Black God, like God would have sex with a Jew. Even Mary stayed a virgin. Is that she didn't hit the big time. I even think she is a comedian in the show.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd challenge someone to watch "Jesus is Magic" and say she's not funny...

She's definitely hot, but it certainly helps her that most of the other female comediennes all look like Rosie O'Donnell, Ellen DeGeneres, Paula Poundstone and Lisa Lampanelli...

8. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Not funny and not that hot. Didn't Kimmel leave his wife for this scank?

Oh well.....mediocre deserves medicore.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I did. Was not particularly impressed. Absolutely pales to the recent work of Lewis Black, Eddie Izzard and, yes, Dane Cook. Just because critics pass it off as "smart humor" does not make it good humor.

As far as "getting it" goes, if we don't "get it," then she's not doing her job that well, is she?

The fact that she's with Jimmy Kimmel, the original unfunny lout who has spawned atrocities such as Doug Stanhope, just speaks volumes.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I just use a tried-and-true method. I don't think about those things and, therefore, don't have to fight off those icky images.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kimmell's show is seriously underrated... It's definitely better than Leno (what isn't?). My regular late night viewing consists of The Daily Show and Colbert, but when I watch Kimmell's show I'm usually pretty impressed...

12. I'll second it.
    Not as funny -- or smart -- as Kinison's old religious stuff was, either.
    And, for me, Kimmel's show is Hollywood hackery with an overlay of snark that isn't anywhere near thick enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted