1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sanctity of marriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 15, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those would be the two.

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

Fuck 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the surface, Robertson's stance is too damn cold-hearted.

But isn't there a celebrity or a well-known journalist whose wife has/had Alzheimers and he remarried and both still helped to take care of the wife?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Isn't there a similar but opposite situation with Sandra Day O'Connor and her husband?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Four now that random letters has shown up.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

FTABNTTT

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And those that don't agree with him have the right to call him a scum-bag and to criticize his remarks as unChristian and uncivil.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This. Both of them.

Robertson has the right to express his opinion, and I have the right to call him an unprincipled prick.

Now, speaking strictly for myself, I took a vow to stand with my wife for better or worse, in sickness and health, and I don't care if she becomes a babbling, drooling shell of herself, I'll be there for her right to the bitter end, and I'm sure she'll be there for me.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course, we all have a right to disagree with Robertson.

My point is, simply, he has a right to say what he believes and to portray him as the voice of the Republican Party is a straw argument.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Sure.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Is Robertson's "ministry" still tax-exempt? If it is, that really makes what he says all of our business.

12. I'm a Republican, and just like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, Pat Robertson doesn't speak for me either. While I will almost certainly never marry, if I did, it would be forever with no way out of it, short of her infidelity.

That is one nice advantage Democrats seem to have, they rarely have to distance themselves from anyone. When a lunatic on the left says something dumb, they're usually dismissed as exactly what they are. When a lunatic on the right says something dumb, Republicans usually get lumped in with that comment.

Draft saved Draft deleted