1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Only highlight I saw today was pretty funny.

Don't know if it's tradition or not but William had his back turned as his bride was making her way up the aisle. They had a shot of Harry looking back at her then turning to his brother and saying something along the lines of "You're really going to like this"

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I dunno about well past 100. She died at 101. But the point stands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

101. But completely pissed (as the British like to call being in the bag) the last twenty years of her life on gin and tonics. Not a bad way to go, when you think about it.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, Hitler called her the "most dangerous woman in Europe", a pretty bad-ass title that you don't get as a tea drinker.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

That made me laugh.

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

She loved playing the ponies as well as the booze. Too bad the Queen Mum couldn't have held on to see the Kings Speech as well

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well, except for the fact the screenwriter of Kings Speech was expressly forbidden by the Queen Mum to write the screenplay until after her death -- which, IIRC, the writer said delayed the movie by about 20 years.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

So...who brought the blow?

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I was also counting all the sashes and shit on their shoulders and sides, also taking into account Chuck and Grandpa. Yes, there were in for a long time, but I'm still betting they got a whole lot of gimme medals for being royal. I didn't do too bad in my four years in the Navy as far as medal count, but I certainly didn't go "ching-ching-ching" when I walked.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's actually a pretty cool breakdown of everything he wears. I figured a big chunk of Charles' stuff had to do with the orders of which he is part.

11. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

But no Purple Heart for his polo injuries.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Double-posting that we now may know why Wills & kate cancelled their honeymoon, given the OBL news.

Draft saved Draft deleted