1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Royal Family

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Couple questions:

(1) Does anybody here care about them?
    (2) If so, can you explain why?

I just don't get it.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

(1) I do.

(2) No.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1.) Yes.
    2.) Because Prince William was my first "poindexter" crush.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I didn't think Americans even thought about The Royal Family, let alone care about them.

Besides, you've had your various monarchies over the years: first the Kennedy's and then the Bush's.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The constitution is our talisman. The Royal Family is the U.K.'s.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

There are still the old biddies and losers who care about them up here in Canuckistan as the Queen is technically our head of state.

The thought that anyone, by right of birth, is someone's better sickens and disgusts me.

I would love if Canada abolished the office of the Govenor Genral and became a republic.

The best take ever by a Canadian on the Monarchy:

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The one dude's engagement is the top of every newscast all day long.

Is she an actress or a Disney star or something? I've never heard of her, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spot on, chet.

Most. Dysfunctional. Family. Ever. Fucking freeloaders.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do they matter? No.
    But then again - while getting a haircut yesterday- I browsed through the People magazine and now think they should rename it "Who ARE these People?" Magazine. In a world of reality stars, actors more famous for who they have slept with than the work they have done, for celebs being in rehab, in court or in jail counting as "news" - they seem pretty harmless (give or take the occasional Nazi costume).

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's all Elton John's fault.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen this in years. Brilliant, Malcolm McLaren just wishes he'd had something as great as The Queen Haters to flog.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Uh, well, you don't have to be a member of the monarchy to enjoy the privileges of birth.

And how exactly would you go about abolishing the monarchy and turning us into a republic?

I stopped getting bent out of shape about the monarchy a long time ago. It's a pointless exercise.

Draft saved Draft deleted