1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rockets have won 19 in a row. Why don't you care?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I kid.

I love the NBA, or at least what it used to be.

But our readers don't give a shit, therefore, we don't.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

I enjoy watching the Western Conference.

Phoenix, Denver and Golden State could play each other 85 times a season, and I would watch them all.

But, to sit through a DET-CLE series, where games end in a 78-71 bloodfest, while out west, 78-71 is a halftime score.

3. well done. Alphabetical, too.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It's the NBA. ESPN may care, but I don't. :)

OK, OK... I have to admit. It's more impressive to win 19 in a row without Yao there for the most part.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Good to see Aaron Brooks is employed again.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The 67-win Mavericks proved last year what the regular season meant.

Not a goddamn thing.

Let's see if McGrady can stay healthy for 20 more games.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm not quite sure where this "McGrady is super-fragile" sentiment came from. Yes, he's missed a lot of games, but people are drastically overblowing his injury problems. Including this season, over the past 9 seasons (his last year in Toronto), McGrady has averaged 70.7 games per season. Throw out his most injury plagued season, the average rises to 73.75 games per season.

Oh, and on a side note, the whole "McGrady isn't that good because he's never been out of the first round" is a joke. Kevin Garnett's team got eliminated in the first round for seven straight years. The next season, his team acquires Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell and they make it to the conference finals. The team does not retain the two players. Kevin Garnett then proceeds to entirely miss the playoffs the next two seasons. Yet, somehow, Garnett is a better player because of ONE season when he had the best supporting cast ever. ONE season, where his team did not even make the finals, let alone win the championship, elevated him to some other level? You have got to be kidding me.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Check NBA.com much?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, it was Yahoo Sports.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I'm sure all the NBA-haters are gathering up for March Madness. The most overrated and poorly played sporting event around.

Can't wait to watch George Mason make a run. Quality fucking basketball.

11. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is just...wow. Awful, awful post. Sorry, I know it's a matter of opinion, but I have never heard/read the Tournament disparaged in such a way.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Lack of interest. Disinterested is what we should all aspire to be. It means impartial.

Draft saved Draft deleted