1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, May 31, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. And nothing to see in Coral Gables. Wittels gets his hit in the first inning.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

No, I did it 2 days ago, moron.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Combine the hurt feelings of a proud program with an overwhelming recruiting edge and you get Rice topping Rider 19-1 today.
    ---------
    Also, Southern Miss topped Jax State 19-6 in in one of the offensive fiestas you so often see in tournament ball.

EDIT:
    Ole Miss trails Virginia 11-5 in 6th inning

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12-6 now. Ole Miss won't outhit Virginia and doesn't have enough pitching to win this game, or this regional.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Washington State down by 2, bases loaded, bottom of 8th. Arkansas brings in a new pitcher, who throws four straight balls to walk home a Cougar. New pitcher comes in, gets behind 3-1, then retires three straight batters to preserve the lead. First batter of the 9th hits a homer for Arkansas.

2 outs in the top of the 9th, Arkansas 6-4. Crowd of over 9,000 watching the game in Fayetteville.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's this year's Coke product to shill...

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As an aside to the actual games, it's amazing to see that the AP has discovered this fascinating thing called college baseball.
    All through the regular season, nothing -- and I mean NOTHING -- moved across the wire. I didn't expect something from every game, but pictures from all of the conference games on weekends would have been nice. Somebody, somewhere, had to have been shooting those things. Hell, most of the time their list of scores for agate had about a dozen games on it (and most of those were low-level D-I or D-II schools nobody cares about). Living in SEC country, where people give a damn about college baseball and it can carry our section on slow local news days, it was beyond frustrating.
    Now? Pictures and stories from every regional game. Same with most of the bigger conference tournaments last week. It's nice to see it, especially now that the high school season is over and we're into summer mode, but where the hell were they all season?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Nice pick, JGC.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Cougs are in the Beach Chickens' heads.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

No kidding.
    They didn't want Clemson to come to the beach, but careful what you wish for - you just might get it, right?

11. mb

mb Active Member

I don't care how many games they've won, there's absolutely nothing in the world you can point to and make a reasonable argument that Coastal effing Carolina should be the No. 4 seed in the entire freaking tournament.

I don't know what metric led to that nonsense, but at some point you just have to look at the schedule and say YGBFKM.

Their biggest win outside the state of South Carolina would be a win over North Carolina. Which wasn't even good enough to make the ACC Tournament.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

ELIMINATION GAME UPDATE:
    St. Johns leading Ole Miss 15-6 in 6th; Southern Miss now trailing host Auburn 9-6 in 6th; Rice leading La.-Lafayette 7-0 in 4th (UTex awaiting)

Also: SEC continues to look good, with Vandy, Arkansas, S,Carolina, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Fla., (and Ole Miss) still alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted