1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, May 31, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They might not have put in for it. Bama didn't put in to host and got a 2 seed.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Did anybody else notice that the ESPN selection show failed to give the super regional pairings? Had to dig through NCAA.com an hour after the show to find out that the Arizona State regional winner will meet the Arkansas regional winner in the supers, for example.

The ESPN broadcast first went through the regionals hosted by the national seeds, from Ariz. State to Ga. Tech, just fine. But when they revealed the final 32 teams, they seemingly ran down the four-team pods in random fashion -- in no way were they correlated with any type of a bracket beyond this weekend's regoinals.

It's a minor detail, I know. But when you're unveiling a bracket, it does help to give it some depth beyond the opening weekend.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

... like the road to Hell, is paved with good intentions.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

LSU did bid, slappy.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the WAC's one team was tourney winner Hawaii. Regular season champ Fresno State, two years removed from being the "Wonderdogs," is out.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

UT getting the overall No. 2 seed after going 0-3 in the B12 tournament tells you all you need to know. They're the Dukies of baseball.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The CWS is the most underrated sporting event in the country. I was sent there against my will in 1997 and after covering two more, I can safely say it was one of my favorite things to cover and that's from someone who is definitely not a baseball fan.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

No bid for Wichita State? What a fuckin' shame.

9. mb

mb Active Member

I'm not sure there's one single thing in the universe more overrated than ACC baseball. Every single year we hear about how tough the ACC is and every single year those guys shit themselves once tournament play starts.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Minny is the only Big 10 team in the field.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They had as many CWS entrants as the SEC last year. Granted, LSU won the damn thing and deservedly so. But if one blown call is made correctly, UVa beats Arkansas and the ACC and SEC have the same number of semifinalists.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Coastal will go deeper than UVA.

Draft saved Draft deleted