1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Road to Dallas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Tonight Manny Pacquiao takes on Joshua Clottey in what will be one of the biggest boxing fights of the year. The fight is being held at the Cowboy's Stadium.

The Road to Dallas

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

2. mb

mb Active Member

Part 0.5: Be unwilling to agree to testing. Have that be the reason we miss out on pretty much the one fight folks REALLY want to see.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How can I put this politely? If there was any question of Pacquiao losing this fight, this fight would not be happening. It is a come on to his REAL opponent to show much money he's turning down with this drug testing dodge.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watch out for cops on 75 between Plano and downtown.

What? Oh ... sorry. Nevermind.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Fight sucked. Clottey covered up the whole time.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Punch count: Manny 1,231, Clottey 399.

"one of the biggest boxing fights of the year"

Nor exactly, Mr1734. More like a very bad consolation to the fight that should have happened.

7. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

It may not be the Mayweather fight. However, it still had over 50,000 people there live to see it. I don't think another fight in North America this year will have that attendance. Also, it will do one of the biggest PPV buy rates this year. It might not beat UFC 100 or Mayweater/JMM, and it will probably be surpassed by the Mayweather/Mosley buy rate. It will still be one of the biggest PPVs of the year though.

So, by that criteria it is one of the biggest boxing fights of the year.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Well that certainly says a lot about the state of the fight game, huh? Let me know when Pacquiao is willing to be tested and fight Mayweather and maybe then I'll give a crap about what he's doing. He can knock over a hundred tomato cans between now and then and it won't mean a damn thing.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Seven posts about one of the biggest fights of the year.

So, guess not.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When the venue is a bigger draw than the actual bout it is not one of the biggest fights of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted