1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ringtone that people over 24 can't hear

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jun 12, 2006.

?

Can you hear it?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2006.
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yo, man, whut tha fuck you talkin' bout? Shuldn't your old ass be spanking it to tha Golden Gurls? [/pho-real]

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

36 and I heard it, kinda.
    I thought it was just speaker hiss, turned up the volume and it sounded like a high-pitched whistle.
    Plugged in earphones and heard the same high-pitched whistle.
    So if it sounded like a whistle, yes I heard it. If not, then I didn't and my ears are making things up for me.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Great. Now I have to cancel my haircut appointment and GO TO THE EAR DOCTOR!!!

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Couldn't hear it...but my ears hurt.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Don't feel bad about not hearing that --- the deer can't hear it, either. :D

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Sounds like the oscillator on an old black-and-white Zenith TV, from the 60s. Those are at about 15,000 hertz. You could hear those a mile away. This, at 17,000 hertz, won't be as loud, but if you hear it, you know it.

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Hey, isn't Simon still a teenager? We wouldn't want to kill Simon, would we?

9. Barely heard it. I'm 30. The 24-year-old co-worker sitting a few feet away just looked at me and said "What the fuck is that sound?"

10. 2muchcoffeeman

I wouldn't have recognized it as a cell-phone ringer. Jeez, people --- if you want a stealthy cell-phone signal, use the vibrate function.

Your wife or girlfriend will thank you.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I barely heard it, and I played piccolo in bands for years when I was in school.

I thought I had no problems picking up high-pitched sounds and treble overloads. :p

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

25 y.o. ... heard it without too much problem, despite spending most of my years hanging out with drummers.

Draft saved Draft deleted