1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Raycom? Or only SEC types will care

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 13, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Man, you want to talk about the three Daves...

2. John

John Well-Known Member

You gotta admit, it would be an entertaining show. Though it would probably get a TV-MA rating for adult language.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Entertaining? Hell yeah it'd be entertaining. I'd pay to watch it.

And did you really move up? i mean, you don't get lawnmower races up there.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

No, just covering rape arrests and one of the worst football programs in the country.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think Dave Archer does a really good job. He's better than Danielson and as good as any of the ESPN guys this side of Blackledge. (I'm on record that Blackledge is the best college football broadcaster on the air anywhere.)

Overall, the LF broadcast takes a lot of crap, but they are who they are, and I'm glad they don't try to be preachy, or overreach with goofy graphics, or feel like they have to have cute vignettes every time they come back from a break -- all common faults of other broadcasts. Sometimes vanilla is better than we give it credit for.

** EDIT: I do wish they'd make a habit of cutting to the regular game cam BEFORE the ball is snapped for every play so we can so who's in the game and how everyone is lined up, and not giving us the super-duper close-up of the quarterback's nostrils right up until he takes the snap.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You Communist. Next you'll say you don't like the jump cut that occurs right at a kickoff, thus making impossible to find the ball until 10 yards into the return.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Daves, Golden Flake, YellaWood, Spurrier one-liners and Alabama probation are the foundation of SEC football.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hopefully, the new sponsor will pony up enough money to cover little improvements -- like a digital picture and cclarity

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Raycom is tied in deep with the state retirement system. Seems appropriate they acquired the cnhi of sports broadcasting.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

pretty much, yeah.
    The Alabama-MSU game was unwatchable Saturday and it had nothing to do with the teams on the field.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I actually wish the Daves would get a little hokier (sp?), if that's possible. Their SEC West basketball graphics package a few years ago was loads of fun.

I'm thinking Daves at a frat party.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

How many of those other broadcasts feature a recurring pitch for the musical magic that is Daughtry?

Draft saved Draft deleted