1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I know there's already Lost thread, but it's new year and a new seas -- oh wait. Well, at least a new year, so here's new thread as the show starts back up again today (Wednesday).

Anyway, I am truly excited for its return. The long-ass layoff was definitely annoying, but I'm giddy to see it come back. And I never get giddy. What are your thoughts?

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I hope they lay off the romance stuff. It adds nothing.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah i'm excited. glad they're going to focus more on the regulars, not the others. wondering how they'll fix the current pickle - i think we left off with henry (i forget his "real" name as leader of the others) on the operating table and kate (and sawyer?) running for their lives while jack literally holds henry's life in his hands. we know jack gets off the island - but not permanently - because he was on vacation while the cast was shooting,

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This past "half-season" almost lost my wife and me. Too distracting, not enough answers or reasons to care, although the ending was a nice pick me up. One more half-season; 16 episodes without reruns is nice.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was a huge Lost geek fan last year. I was into hitting the Hanso Web site to look for clues. I would Tivo the show and play the black smoke scenes in stop-motion to see what images were hidden in it. I'd hit spoiler sites looking for info.

But this broken up season has killed my interest. I'd totally forgotten about it being on tonight until this thread.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And if you live in Canada, you can catch it on CTV (the Canadian rights holder) at 8:00 EST.

Spoilers, anyone? Play by Play? :)

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The folks at The Office will be happy. :D

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All I can say is that this first episode better be good because I'll lose patience quickly.

Instead of creating diversions, they need to get the plot back on track.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I want to watch the US-Mexico game first, so it's going to be a late night.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Here's a strange coincidence, Monday night.
    24 was on at 9. Was waiting for it and watching a preview of what's supposed to be the CBC's new hit show, Little Mosque on the Prairie (I rarely watch CBC, so I missed any hype).

There's a guy on that show who's a dead ringer for Chloe's ex-husband. I swear it was him. How many guys look like him?

So, in essence, he was competing against himself in that 9 p.m. time slot.

I mean, what are the odds?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And he had a show on the Food Network a couple of years ago.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Huh. Not much happened, yet I was riveted. Guess I'm back on board, even if the whole question of whether there was still a connection with the rest of the world was severely diluted if not answered.

Draft saved Draft deleted