1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of (HIV Positive) Tommy Gun!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've told the first part of this story 100 times.

I was 16 when Tommy Morrison was diagnosed with HIV. I was working at a grocery store in KC at the time, and while grabbing carts one night, a limo pulls up and out pops Morrison. He stumbles inside, obviously drunk, and buys a case of cheap beer and a carton of Marlboro Reds. If he truly believed he was never HIV positive, that night certainly made it appear that he had cashed in his chips.

About two years ago, I saw him on some evangelical TV program late at night. He was talking about how God had cured him of HIV, in doing so admitting that he did have it.

So in this article, I have serious problems with him saying he never had it, etc. Something seems off.

2. I saw the feature the K.C. Star did on him a few months back and one thing was abundantly clear -- he's freakin' nuts.
    I wouldn't step in the ring with him because I'd be afraid I'd catch the Hiv and he might try to bite my nuts off or something.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

there are so many holes in this damn story of his. He had it, but was cured? whatever. i am curious how he's passing sooo many tests that they're allowing him to box again. it's just odd.

4. The story says Morrison is claiming the first test was a "false positive", and that he's been tested negative repeatedly the last few years.

Which brings up a question if this is true...

Could Magic Johnson have been a false positive too? When's the last time he was tested...? It's been 15 years, and he hasn't shown signs of sickness.

Just throwing it out there...

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I want my respect.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

And, as we speak, Sly Stallone is working on the script for "Rocky VII" -- or will he call it "Rocky Balboa II"?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

And run the risk of a scolding by DisembodiedOwlHead, the conscience of the rednecks? What's the fun in that?

8. I've always wondered about Magic... Most cats I know lose weight with the disease. He's added a solid bill.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Magic is HIV positive. He has not yet developed AIDS. There's a huge, massive difference between testing positive for the virus and having symptoms of the disease.

10. Obvi...

It's still really really hard to not lose weight when you have HIV. Especially with the onset of flu-like symptoms. Magic not only gained weight, he ballooned almost 100 lbs. Not that I care two shits, but it's just an observation.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

He ate two full-grown Ethiopians. :eek:

Hey, I was going to hell anyway....

Draft saved Draft deleted