1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The recruit who wasn't

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Fame is absolute shit without the money, even worse when you're infamous - and I wouldn't count on him getting rich off this.

At this point, he'll be lucky to get through college and a degree that would help him find a real job.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know. We should have a thread on this.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We do, jackass. It's right here. :p :p ;D

4. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Do you really think a publisher would pay Kevin Hart or a writer good money for a book about this? Would people buy a book?

I think the viability of any movie would depend on what happens next -- if Kevin Hart plays on the junior college level, never again or gets a scholarship.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It's even more interesting to me that as a result, Ault said he wouldn't even consider taking him as a walk-on.

Kid is rated two stars by most of the scouting services, so he should, in theory, have a chance to play somewhere, not necessarily Division I. But how hard will it be for him to put this behind him should he decide to play football at a Divison II school, even?

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

All Kevin Hart needs is one coach -- probably a desperate one -- who thinks he can help the team be more successful for him to play somewhere. There could well be a coach somewhere willing to take that chance. As we've seen many times before, talent can overcome past indiscretions, including crime.

7. WS

WS Member

Problem is, he doesn't have much talent. Just size. Pretty much every recruit listed in the rivals.com and scout.com databases have two stars

8. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Then he'll have to try the junior college route to see if he can improve. Otherwise, it looks as though his lack of talent will keep him from playing at a four-year school with his lie having little or no affect.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Kid should do some jail time.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He can block for Michael Vick.

11. You talking about Favre?

12. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted