1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The real winner in TO saga: Dr Pepper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mediaguy, Sep 28, 2006.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

If anybody -- anybody this side of Eagles fan -- gained the most from Wednesday's Terrell Owens roller-coaster, it has to be Dr Pepper (no period, thanks). Their smart buy of the behind-the-mike branding with the Cowboys got them front-page photos in, what, half the papers in the country? You can't buy that kind of exposure. OK, you can, but it costs millions. Maybe they can get TO to wear 23 this week ...

Believe me, there's hell to pay over in promotions at Mr. Pibb today ...

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why does Dr Pepper come in a bottle?

3. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Well played.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Not to mention those other knockoff sodas like Dr. A+, etc.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Because Mrs Pepper died?

6. not sure if that was a reference to me...but i'm actually kind of feeling bad about all the harsh things i've said about him in the past. the guy needs serious help and if it's ignored now, then we're all going to see something really bad happen to him once he retires and is out of the spotlight.

that said, if this all turns out to be a publicity stunt (which i doubt), then i'm planning on wearing a skeleton costume (think karate kid) with a TO jersey when i fly in for the halloween game vs. the Jags (even an ocean can't stop me from seeing them play at least once a year)

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to Eagles fans in general and accidently dropped the s.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When/if I go to heaven, I don't know if I want to shake Dr Pepper's hand or punch him in the face for likely moving up my death by at least a year. I'm addicted to that shit.

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if you punched somebody in heaven? Do they have some sort of demerit system or something?

9. well, in that case he's completely right....eagles fans are like sharks and there is definitely blood in the water....

(I swear i'm one of the normal ones....kind of)

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

[​IMG]

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Dr Pepper is the best pop/cola/soda in the history of man.

12. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

The best Dr. Pepper is made in Dublin, Tx... still made with pure cane sugar

Draft saved Draft deleted