1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Real War on Women: Sex Selection Abortion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The bill was passed in the House in 2009. The Senate stalled it in 2010 and it got reintroduced last year. Senate Republicans have been fighting this battle for three years, not just an election year.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

A solution in search of a problem.

3. J Staley

J Staley Member

If that's true, how is sex selection abortion any different?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This could be the tip of a very ugly iceberg.

Have a baby that you don't want because it's defective, inconvenient or the "wrong" gender? Just abort it and go on, like throwing out a diaper? God have mercy on their souls!

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Are there pretty icebergs?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This is one of the dumbest fucking posts I've read in a while, but it isn't my place to say why.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I had a date with one once.

Once.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Protected them from the looming danger of making more money.

How chivalrous.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thanks moron!

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Maybe I wanted to mock how ridiculous your post was because I like to do such things on days following historic transits of Venus. Who are you to judge?

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Currently, the most common method of determining the gender of a child in the womb is an ultrasound, and I can tell you they aren't always reliable.

A girl who worked with my wife was pregnant with what would be her only child, and EVERY ultrasound she had showed that she was having a boy. So she and her husband planned for a boy: bought boy clothes, decorated the nursery in boy stuff, etc.

When it came time to give birth, the baby was a girl. The mother's words to the doctor were priceless: "You better go back in there, doc. That baby left something behind."

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That is pretty insane. If you don't want to have kids, don't get pregnant. (Yes, I know there are exceptions such as rape. Different story.)

If you do get pregnant and don't want to raise kids, give them up for adoption so someone else can raise them.

Draft saved Draft deleted