1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The real reason BYH's wife doesn't climax

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 9, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's not his lack of stamina. It's his refusal to give oral.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-02-09/the-orgasm-gap/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, come the fuck on. Shit like this is what undercuts anything worth reading in that story.

3. sportschick

Whatever. I thought it was pointing out a legit sexual issue and putting it in not sexual terms.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Everyone knows if you want it done right, you've got to take it into your own hands.

5. sportschick

This is why Rabbits fly off store shelves.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I stopped reading there. What a crock of shit. Is this an Onion article in disguise?

7. sportschick

Hit a little too close to home? I can see that.

8. imjustagirl

Yes, which is why both a woman and a man called it a joke.

Jesus. Sometimes it's just shit. Doesn't mean we're personally offended by what's in it.

9. sportschick

I am going to have to disagree with you there. Course you didn't read the whole thing so you didn't get to all the men saying that they didn't care if their partner came if they weren't in a relationship because they didn't matter.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

writing irish just strapped on the old feed bag and knows exactly why.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I thought the second page was much more interesting.

To sum it up for those of you who didn't click through: YAY CLITORIS!

I'd argue, however, that the nature of the quickie is as much of a reason as any of the ones cited in the story as to why women don't orgasm as often as men. It takes longer, ergo, it doesn't happen as often. Duh.

12. imjustagirl

Who said I didn't read it? And I'd love to have you find one man quoted as saying that.

What I did find was this:

“Our findings suggest that both women and men have absorbed a notion that women are entitled to sexual pleasure in a relationship, but not necessarily in casual scenarios.”

They took numbers, said there are many reasons, then focused on one. A much more likely reason? Women's orgasms are proven to be much more emotional. Men don't need to be emotionally attached to be sexually pleased. Women are much more likely to orgasm when they are connected with someone on an emotional level. Therefore, the 80 percent number in relationships vs. the 1/3 in the random hookups is explained MUCH more cleanly than "I don't come until a guy licks my clit."

Draft saved Draft deleted