1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Raiders stories keep getting better: JaMarcus is coming back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 23, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft-bust-jamarcus-russell-attempting-nfl-comeback-043914730--nfl.html

He is all the way down to 308 pounds and has assembled a team of former NFL players and track guys to put Humpty back together again.

I have never in all my life seen a less accurate quarterback. But I have also never seen a quarterback who looked snazzier in postgame.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

When his uncle and mentor Ray Ray Russell died in 2009, it was all downhill for JaMarcus.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I wish him the best.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

His Sugar Bowl performance featured a few breathtaking passes. I don't understand why everyone forgot about all the others.

It's interesting to look back on that LSU team and see the NFL underperformers lining up. Russell is the worst top pick in NFL history. Glenn Dorsey is a moderate bust at this point. Tyson Jackson and LaRon Landry didn't warrant their ridiculously high draft picks. Buster Davis was a horrible first-round pick, made worse when three other receivers on that team (Dwayne Bowe, Early Doucet and Brandon LaFell) ended up much better.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Please let this happen.

6. Just get enough purple drank in him.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

People can make all of the Ryan Leaf jokes they want, this guy is the biggest bust in NFL draft history...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember when Russell walked into the media room at the combine and I think the first or second question was "how much do you weigh?" and he said 270 and about 50 people muttered at the same time, "No fucking way does he weigh 270..."

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

11. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Exactly, Vers! Glad someone finally pointed out that Saban recruits are usually overrated busts in the NFL.

If only Les Miles had more time to coach them up at LSU, like with more recent NFL studs/overachievers such as Patrick Peterson, Stevan Ridley, Trindon Holliday, Lafell, Mo Claiborne, etc. -- all recruited and developed by The Hat.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Too bad we can't type that about a cheerleader.

Draft saved Draft deleted