1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Raiders and the 2003 Super Bowl sabotage conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would come as a bit of a surprise to my daughter.

And there you go again, covering up your failures in personal attacks.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

my failures? you mean the ones i've admitted to being wrong to several times, asshole?

dude, you're seriously fucked up. you really are. daddy did some serious damage to you in your pre-teen years, didn't he?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So, that Bill Callahan was quite a Super Bowl coach, huh?

4. outofplace

Coached up Jeff Hostetler like you wouldn't believe.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

doh - somebody made a mistake. one top of that, he admitted to it several times.

gun safe, POS. cause you're an overbearing asshole.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We interrupt this threadjack to discuss the the thread: Brown backing off

http://www.mercurynews.com/other-sports/ci_22437662/nfl-tim-brown-softens-sabotage-talk-against-ex

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Oakland had to be doing something right that season. They did make the Super Bowl.

I just think Callahan probably was not smart enough to change the offense and audibles enough so that Gruden's defense did not know where the ball was going on every play.

As Gruden said, "Brooks is going to the HOF jumping hot routes," and that's what they did all day long against the Raiders.

Those are picks because the defenders knew where the ball was going before Gannon knew where it was going.

8. outofplace

LTL posted something about this, too. I, for one, am just shocked that Brown is now backing away this foolishness. I really am. Never though anybody stupid enough to toss it out there in the first place would ever come around.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If I am playing psychoanalyst for a minute, I am theorizing Brown is doing this BECAUSE he knows he isn't getting in, and he can blame it on this and say it isn't that he wasn't good enough, it's that the NFL's media wing wants to punish a truth-teller. It is a weird theory, I grant, but not any more weird than the idea that a coach would lose the Super Bowl on purpose.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'd never read a Doyel column until yesterday, but his take on Brown was really good.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Blue font?

But, yeah, seemed like one of those things that was tossed up there to see if it sticks.

Draft saved Draft deleted