1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE RAAIDAHS! The real ones.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Tatum never touched the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Between that and the tuck rule, it's amazing any Raiders fan ever sleeps. And the funny part is both teams were a long way from the Super Bowl.
    In '72, the Raiders would have had to go through the undefeated Dolphins just to get there. And in 2001, they would have just gotten their butts kicked in Pittsburgh anyway. It's Raiders' tradition!

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

'72 I can agree with. But those 2001 Raiders were quite good. And those Steelers . . . let's just say they had gotten in the habit of losing AFC title games at home.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I know all about those 2001 Raiders. Why do you think I was rooting for them against the Patriots? :)

And as for all those lost AFC title games, at least they were getting there.

5. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Anybody sees this is coming on soon, an alert would be nice.

If nothing else, the Raidahs of yesteryear were colorful. The fact that they came along during the Steelers dynasty years left them as more of a historical footnote.

Draft saved Draft deleted