1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pursuit of Happyness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Saw the movie today and I really enjoyed it. There were some really strong scenes(especially the bathroom scene). I haven't had a chance to read the book but I'll definitley pick it up after watching this movie.
    Your thoughts?

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

I think watching this movie would make me barf into my popcorn bucket.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Oh come on man.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You asked his thoughts. He gave you his thoughts. Not everyone has to agree with you.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Yes they do.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The purfuit of happineff. [/Woody]

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cockdian.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think it looks pretty good, but the misspelling of Happiness in the title bugs the shit out of me. Is there a reason for it based on what you saw in the movie, Chuck?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, in the movie, Gardener's son goes to a Chinatown daycare center. Beside the daycare center, "Happyness" is spray painted on a wall. As he and his son walk buy, Gardener tells him that the word is misspelled. Gardener asks a janitor that walks buy to clean it off but the janitor can't understand him because he dosn't speak english. After that, he goes on about "The Pursuit of Happiness" in the Decleration of Independence.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

And up comes my dinner, in big, bilious chunks.

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

Very bad movie. Do not go see. Wait until the DVD if you HAVE to see it. Poorly put together. Will Smith is a great actor and his kid does a good job too it's just poorly written and poorly put together and it still lasts 2 hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted