1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Police world tour begins ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 30, 2007.

1. the fop

the fop Member

Totally agree. Although "petulant pansy" is pretty damn funny.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I thought the performance on the Grammys or wherever it was a few months ago was vastly overrated.
    And all the Hollywood crowd was rushing to its seats to try and look all hip and cool.
    Not for me.
    But I plan on seeing the Police on this tour. It ought to be good in a real concert setting and not just a made-for-TV song or two.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Pansy hairdresser", manager Ian Faith's carve of Spinal Tap belongs up there too.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

C'mon ... are ANY of you surprised?

Copeland couldn't stand Sumner when the group broke up. Time tends to heal wounds, but that this sounds like an exception to the rule is of no surprise to me.

Poor Andy Summers could be ducking crossfire soon ...

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Relax everybody. I find it great that a musician isn't afraid to say what he truly thinks. Maybe this can be viewed as a way to fire up his bandmates. Anyone agree?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

From billboard.com:

MTV's on-again, off-again "Unplugged" program will return in a big way this summer, with new episodes featuring the Police, Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, Mary J. Blige and John Mayer. This time around, however, the show will be rolled out on a variety of related channels and platforms, including VH1, CMT and MTV.com.

Bon Jovi will usher in the 2007 edition of the series beginning June 22 on MTV. The next two evenings, VH1 and CMT will air a version of "Unplugged" specifically tailored to those channels' audiences.

Bon Jovi is credited with inspiring the "Unplugged" format after its stripped-down performance on the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards. The group's appearance coincides with its new country-tinged album, "Lost Highway," due June 19 via Island.

No information has yet been unveiled about the other tapings, although the Police will reportedly hold their "Unplugged" show in mid-July in Miami. Rumor has it the group is also mulling the release of an album featuring acoustic renditions of old material.

7. Claws for Concern

If possible, could The Police look on this thread for song requests?

Much like hearing Rush play 2112 in its entirety years ago when they did a tour without an opening act, I'd love to hear the following three songs, in order, from Ghost in the Machine:

Omegaman
    Secret Journey
    Darkness

Stewart Copeland, I'm talk to you. Make this happen and the show is guaranteed not to have you calling any other member in the band a "petulant pansy."

8. Rambler

Rambler Member

I just get the feeling The Police will not look on this thread.

9. Claws for Concern

It'd be cooler if they did

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If-you(Stewart)-play-these-three-fine-tunes
    You will be a Holy Man
    [Claws]

11. Claws for Concern

Setlist from June 15 show at MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Message In A Bottle, Synchronicity II, Don't Stand So Close to Me, Voices Inside My Head, When The World Is Running Down, Spirits In The Material World, Driven To Tears, Walking On The Moon, Truth Hits Everybody, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Wrapped Around Your Finger, The Bed's Too Big Without You, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, Invisible Sun, Walking in Your Footsteps, Can't Stand Losing You, Roxanne, King Of Pain, So Lonely, Every Breath You Take, Next To You

12. Claws for Concern

Setlist from their first stadium show at Oakland's McAfee Coliseum on June 13

Message In a Bottle, Synchronicity II, Don't Stand So Close to Me, Voices Inside My Head, When The World Is Running Down, Spirits In the Material World, Driven to Tears, Walking On the Moon, Truth Hits Everybody, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Wrapped Around Your Finger, The Bed's Too Big Without You, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, Invisible Sun, Walking In Your Footsteps, Can't Stand Losing You, Roxanne,

Encore 1: King of Pain, So Lonely
    Encore 2: Every Breath You Take
    Encore 3: Next to You

Draft saved Draft deleted