1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Police world tour begins ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 30, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Anyone see any of the first few shows of The Police tour? Just wondering.

www.thepolicetour.com is a good spot to go for updates.

I'm seeing them June 23 at Dodger Stadium. Foo Fighters and Fiction Plane (Sting's son's band) open.

2. Claws for Concern

This was the setlist for May 27:

Message In a Bottle, Synchronicity II, Don't Stand So Close To Me, Voices Inside My Head, When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around, Spirits In the Material World, Driven to Tears, Walking On the Moon, Truth Hits Everybody, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Wrapped Around Your Finger, The Bed's Too Big Without You, Murder By Numbers, De Do Do Do De Da Da Da, Invisible Sun, Walking In Your Footsteps, Can't Stand Losing You, Reggatta de Blanc, Can't Stand Losing You, Roxanne.

Encore 1: King of Pain, So Lonely, Every Breath You Take
    Encore 2: Next to You

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Weren't they supposed to be working on new songs for the tour? Guess they didn't make the cut.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Refreshingly customer-oriented.

My initial thought is that Sting would fill the sets with obscure \ self-indulgent fare.

Great set list.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

They never said they were working on new material. Summers said he thought they should tour, record an album, then tour again. Copeland said hell, let's just tour. Sting . . . I just hope they make it through without killing each other before the show I'm attending.

The setlist is very nice. I know some songs have been "Stinged" out, like the slower spots of Roxanne, where he made them all artsy-fartsy. But this tour will be awesome.

Next Roger Waters and Peter Gabriel should get back with their respective bands.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow...they're playing Wrigley Field, Fenway, Churchill Downs and Madison Square Garden. Impressive.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

There are rumors swirling that the Police are coming to the Maritimes. If they are, it my be my only opportunity to jump Sting ;D

Now, I am in the mood to hear Roxanne, King of Pain, and Canary in a Coma.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, might be in a coma after being a Canary In A Coalmine. :)

9. Claws for Concern

If anyone does attend a Police concert, it would be cool to hear about any songs they play that weren't on that initial show's setlist on this thread. A co-worker of mine is seeing them in Vegas, a week before I see them.

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

We're going as well. I had fun doing the two-computers-and-phone land rush at 10 when tickets went on sale. Brought back memories of standing in line at Wherehouse.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Looks like things aren't going so well: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/en_nm/police1_dc_1;_ylt=Al9EiGDhgFJ_TOnOUEbA2s4E1vAI

Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Damn it . . . Copeland, please STFU until AFTER I see the damn show.

Honestly, what an ass. A band that previously broke up in rancor because they couldn't stand each other, and he's spouting off at the start of the reunion tour.

Hopefully Sting is in a good mood when he reads this.

Draft saved Draft deleted