1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Police -- early Tour dates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Just announced at thepolicetour.com ... More dates to come.

May 28, 2007 Vancouver BC CA GM Place
    Jun 06, 2007 Seattle WA US Key Arena
    Jun 09, 2007 Denver CO US Pepsi Center
    Jun 15, 2007 Las Vegas NV US MGM Grand Garden Arena
    Jun 16, 2007 Manchester TN US Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
    Jun 18, 2007 Phoenix AZ US US Airways Arena
    Jun 26, 2007 Dallas TX US American Airlines Center
    Jun 30, 2007 New Orleans LA US New Orleans Arena
    Jul 02, 2007 St. Louis MO US Scottrade Center
    Jul 22, 2007 Toronto ON CA Air Canada Centre
    Jul 25, 2007 Montreal QC CA Bell Centre
    Jul 28, 2007 Boston MA US Fenway Park
    Aug 01, 2007 New York City NY US Madison Square Garden
    Aug 03, 2007 New York City NY US Madison Square Garden

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

If they aren't playing Summerfest this year, I'll be one pissed off mofo.

3. More dates are being announced during the next two weeks ...

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Sweet. The Bonnaroo festival is only about two hours from here.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Denver.

There.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Wish I could have gone to the Whiskey A Go Go today, but I'm interested to know the SoCal dates (L.A., Anaheim, San Diego) when they're announced.

This is like it was when the Eagles made their comeback. I saw their first concert back. It was great, but I had lawn tickets and couldn't see them too well. I hope the Police do this summer tour and then do it again in the fall.

I saw on Sting's Web site that he's touring in support of his own recent stuff beginning Feb. 18 through mid-March. I wonder if The Police will have any new material to promote, say like having one new song in conjunction with releasing another greatest hits album or something like that. For my money, I still think any tru Police fan should pony up for the box set. It's worth every penny.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So is this the most anticipated tour in years? I can't remember another group coming back after being away for so long, especially a group that left on top.

Friend of mine says even the 20-year-olds, born several years after the breakup, are digging this.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would say the Police tour is a bigger deal for most people, but in terms of time off before a reunion it'll be tough to top Cream.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't even remember Cream getting back together. When was that?

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Because Every Breath is among the litany of songs that top rappers have ripped off and gotten rich off of.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

True, but Puffy twisted it around enough that most kids probably don't even know of the original song.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Junkie, I'm SHOCKED you wuld feel that way about the biggest reunion . . . . . .

Though of course, you're right, considering the rancor between those two.

I also saw the Eagles, on their fourth show back (they played the hell out of Irvine meadows that week) and later on the stadium tour. They were abolutely amazing, ticket stub reads 35 bucks for a lawn seat. Now they charge exhorbitant prices, both for their fan club and for concert tickets. The mentioning of them in relation to the Police is apt.

I'm a member of the Metallica club. It's 45 bucks a year, which pays off greatly when it's time to get concert tickets. Then the tickets themselves are 55 bucks or 75 bucks for floor. The police are charging 100 bucks for a fan club membership, in which you get the photo with the fake signatures, early tickets and access to an online store, just like Metallica.

I really want to see these guys, but I'm hoping it's not a huge price gouge. I am not optimistic.

Draft saved Draft deleted