1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The poker hype's officially gone too far

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Seriously, even the most hardcore Hold 'em freak can't possibly want this thing for free, much less for 20 bucks...

http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Harman-Bobblehead/dp/B000JM419U/sr=1-55/qid=1165981533/ref=sr_1_55/103-5320237-1260628?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Dude, Those things have been about for ages, like the hockey/basketball/football jerseys et al. Some players use them as card protectors.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Seriously. I have a Johnny Chan bobblehead that I got as a groomsman's gift last year, and the only reason it's not Jenny is that hers wasn't out yet. Mmmmmmmm, Harman. Sorry, anyway. And perhaps the hype's gone too far, but it's not because of Jenny's bobblehead. It's definitely because there is such a thing as "Hip Hop Hold 'Em," which I believe appears verrrry late at night (like after Soul Train) on Saturdays.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Clearly I've just been oblivious to that trend. Was looking for some gift possibilities on Amazon and suddenly found a whole slew of these things. Harman's definitely more appealing than some possibilities - Humberto Brenes, anyone?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What about Clonie McGowan, Evelyn NG and Vanessa Rousso?

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think that bobblehead looks like Ellen Degeneres more than it does that girl in the picture.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Harman's cute. That picture doesn't do her justice.
    Vanessa Rousso's ridiculous. Nobody should be allowed to be that good looking and sit at a poker table.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You can get them of a lot, I think Gowan's available, as are most full tilters.

Helmuth's should have a speech button that swears everytime you hit it.

9. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I love poker, but I can't imagine ever wanting a Jennifer Harman bobblehead for any reason. At all. Ever.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Heck neither do I, but for those that do want them - and you know there are those who do - the market it open.

Draft saved Draft deleted