1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pirate Speaks: Leach thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If James was some cancer, yank his scholly. Don't haze him. Of course, thanks to Leach apologists, he hasn't seen hazing yet.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Before or after they fling pieces of shit at each other?

I think (since everybody seems to have made up their minds one way or the other) that I'd rather go to the barn and shovel shit instead.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Of course the Leach apologists are going to slither out of the woodwork now. Means nothing. Their boy is done.

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather both sides take a long walk off a short cliff.

My experience with the James family has been... less than pleasant, and I am inclined to believe Adam shares many of the entitled, whiny, self-serving prick traits of his father. But if the allegations are true, Leach went over the line in how he handled this situation, and my experiences with him have, while amusing me, not reflected kindly on his character.

Can't everyone be wrong and whiny and just get off my TV screen? I thought I got out of West Texas...

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

My question: Why was Craig James calling the Holiday Bowl tonight? He is part of an ongoing story and, IMO, should not be in the role of reporter until this is resolved. ESPN should have said, "Go home, take care of things, you'll get your normal paycheck."

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I don't have a problem with him doing the game tonite, but interviewing him several times during the game was bush.

He is not the story.

He didn't get locked in a garage.

His vagina son did.

Not him.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Well, not justifying it, but they probably figured with Mr. James hovering, yanking his scholly wasn't an option to them. Maybe they felt the 'hazing' was, however, within their control.

I don't know...

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Tech officials wouldn't have pulled the trigger on this unless it was deemed to be a pattern of behavior, in my opinion.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure the ladies of SportsJournalists.com will appreciate that one, chef.

Personally, I don't care what kind of kid Adam James is. It does not matter. A doctor diagnosed him with a concussion and told him to sit out of practice. Leach punished him for doing what the doctor told him to do, basically punishing the kid for daring to have a brain injury. That is unacceptable, reckless and stupid. Leach got what he deserved. You don't fuck around with concussions.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Man, college coaches can't spell for shit.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

That is not why Leach was fired. Leach was fired because he didn't sign the piece of paper that the school president put in front of him.

Leach was given a chance to keep his job.

He chose not to.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, giving no personal credence to this as I have NO idea. But Schad just tweeted this video, saying it was sent to him by a James family representative.

This looks like neither of the "rooms" that were shown by Leach's attorney.

Draft saved Draft deleted