1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The organic food thing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No, they're the ones who walk into the local grocery store, demand to see the produce manager and chastize them for not having as many organic fruits and vegetables as they have regular fruits and vegetables. I saw it happen.. Or they're the ones who work it into every conversation.

At a birthday party a couple weeks ago they were about to sing happy birthday to the kid having the party and a mother interrupted the beginning of the song to say, "My son only eats organic food, so he will not be having cake!"

Same parent threw a fit on "Meet the Kindergarten teacher day" when she saw the other parents were bringing in crackers and pretzels for snack time. Her son brings in kale chips for snack.

Obviously, all organic aficionados are not like that, but they are out there...

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But 80 percent of the entire species are #ssholes.
    Doesn't matter if its a person who's pushy about veganism or organic agriculture.
    Doesn't matter if it's somebody inviting vegetarians over for dinner then only serving meat.

The vast majority of people are #ssholes.
    If you meet someone and he/she is not an #sshole, you probably just haven't discovered the glitch yet.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These proportions are accurate.
    Just that they think it's really interesting to others what they have decided to put into their digestive systems - and will let you know about it.
    Without your ever having asked or cared.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Truth.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

So odds are you two are dicks yourselves?

6. Mizzougrad96

My son had a friend over a couple years ago and when the mother dropped him off she said, "He can't eat anything with high fructose corn syrup in it?"

I said, "Why is he allergic?" and the mom shot me a "fuck you" look from hell.

I gave the boys crackers and an apple for snack. Fast-forward a few hours and she picks the kid up and asks my wife, "Did he have any high-fructose corn syrup? I told your husband, but he didn't appear to take me very seriously."

No, I respected your wishes, but still think you're a c-word.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

No joke, if I ever had him in my home again I would ask his mother to pack the boy's lunch, including snacks and drinks.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't exempt myself.
    I fall in that 80 percent range.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

10. Mizzougrad96

I loved the team mom on my oldest's Pop Warner team. On the day she was signing up parents to bring drinks and snacks after each game she said, "And if you have a problem with the snack that someone else brought, keep it to yourself..."

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Since you randomly quoted a post of mine before that non sequitur. ... your false equivalency aside, I didn't lecture anyone about how "healthy" my diet is.

Draft saved Draft deleted