1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Oklahoma St. Homecoming parade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 25, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You sound like a liberal!

2. YankeeFan

Drug deal gone bad?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Domestic terrorism?

4. YankeeFan

In his 60 Minutes interview a few weeks ago, Patrick Kennedy talked about his drunk driving accident.

He drank 7 mini bottles of vodka on the Amtrak ride to DC. (I think it was Amtrak, but it might have been a flight.) Then got in his car.

Now, he might not have been thinking about his BAC, but he surely didn't think it was below .08. These are the folks that we need to worry about, as they are the biggest part of the problem, by far.

5. YankeeFan

Not a Muslim, so that's not possible.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's official: I can't keep track of the irony around here anymore.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm with TigerVols. I'll wait for the toxicology results.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Regardless, we need to have a discussion about why people think they need to drink. My life is fine without alcohol. Everybody else's should be, too.

Tweener, SFIND and YankeeFan like this.
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Agree. I was reading the Stillwater newspaper's coverage this morning and thought the same thing.

11. Mr. Sunshine

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just looking at the website of the local rag, it mentioned cops nailed two impaired drivers yesterday morning. I can count on seeing a Twitter post from locals cops two or three times a week that they have nailed somebody for impaired in the morning. This isn't a city full of shift workers who might be having a few after work, bars close at 2 a.m. and don't open until 11 a.m. so I always wonder how people end up in that shape at that hour of the morning. The local rag also runs the names of those who get nailed for DUIs over the holidays, even that doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent since there seem to be more names every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted