1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official thread of God's favorite quarterback, Tim Tebow...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Re: The official where will Tim Tebow wind up thread

I wouldn't be so sure that Miami wouldn't be in the hunt for Tebow.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They should part with Tebow. Barring a miracle from above, Elway is never going to have the confidence in him to hand him the keys long term. And if Manning isn't Manning right away, fans are going to be clamoring for Tebow and it'll be 2010/early 2011 all over again.

Trade Tebow for whatever they can get for him (probably not more than a low 2 or 3), sign a younger veteran who can at least run the offense competently (a Sage Rosenfels/Shawn Hill type that won't cost much but can be plenty competent in a pinch) and think about QB of the future in the 2013 or 2014 draft.

The danger is that Manning's a heightened risk to suffer the career-ender at any point. If that happens this season, they have to scramble hard. And other than Matt Barkley, are there any slam dunk QB prospects in the next draft or two? Plus it's not especially probable that they'll be bad enough to rate an early pick unless Manning retires in the preseason, Tebow is gone and they didn't get a good No. 2 guy.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No way will the Broncos keep Tebow. This was a bloodless coup by Elway to get a quarterback. This is the only way it could have been done to appease 90 percent of the fan base. The other 10 percent are morons.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tebow would make for a great change of pace and gives opposing defenses fits on the goal line. But there is no way in he'll Manning gives up snaps to anyone.

As for trading a first-rounder for Tebow, any team that would do that is nuts. The Broncos need to ship him, but they have zero leverage.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't imagine Tebow would be a good fit in Mularkey's system.

Gabbert is doomed. His new name should be Not Tebow.

If the owner wants Tebow, the owner will get Tebow.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There isn't going to be any bidding war. That's why you say he's not available and make the Jax owner come to you. If he doesn't, keep him around.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

OK, consensus is that Tebow's not the long-term answer. But without him, if Manning gets hurt, what will the Broncos do then? Seriously, this is about as high a risk/reward move as there is.

And it's Barkley, MMII.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think that the Broncos will be able to get a second-round pick for Tebow. Maybe not even a third. Draft picks are just too valuable to surrender for a low-ceiling guy. I think that every team believes that it could get a better quarterback than him in the third round, hand-picked, and certainly in the second round.

It's funny. I have a really good friend who is both a huge Colts and Peyton Manning fan as well as an increasingly devout Christian and a Tim Tebow backer. He was on the Tebow cross the other night about how persecuted he is because of "his faith."

I'm going to have to give him a call today and find out what kind of mixed emotions he's experiencing watching his second-favorite QB booted in favor of his favorite QB.

9. Mystery Meat II

But if you keep him around and Manning struggles out of the gate, you're going to get the Tebow cries again. And if Manning goes down for the season or has to retire, you're right back where you were a year ago, when you have to make the public statement of support for Tebow while all the time trying to figure out what they hell they're going to do in 2013.

Better to cut ties now if you don't think he'll ever be your long-term solution at QB.

10. Mystery Meat II

Fixed. Clearly I was thinking about three of the cars I own.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Dick: "Who's your Messiah nooooooow?"

Friend:"Fuck off, asshole!"

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My brother just called and kept saying, "Petyon f---ing Manning." Over and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.