1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official Over-the-Hill Roller Rink Birthday Party Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, May 12, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was pretty fucking happy about it. I was just looking for the video or a clip with the song, but Youtube busted that Erik Estrada/flunkie replacement for John shit on me!

OK seventh graders, this one's for you. Hands on hips only!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What are the odds Branigan could actually play guitar?

3. dooley_womack1

I'm sorry, that was meant for Brock Lesnar's birthday party

4. Bubbler

[​IMG]

Suck one, whippersnapper! :D

To be fair, Cadet is probably too young to remember Pepsi Light too. Or for that matter, ChiPs, Laura Branigan and Michael Sembello. I am full of roller skate fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yessssss!!!!! Some people from the Seattle outing will remember (a very intoxicated) me calling my brother at 3 a.m. when this song came on in the last bar we were at. My brother and I used to play this song over and over and run around the living room in circles. Poor bro, he was on the opposite coast when he got that call, dead asleep, and was very confused.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

never heard of pepsi light, but i used to watch CHiPS all the time.

7. dooley_womack1

OK, from 1980 on, mandatory at the rink.

Oh and Pepsi Light rawked!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was a great skating song.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Couples only!!!

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I forgot to add: Happy Birthday to the best of management on this site. Good luck Mr. Harris. I will always appreciate you hanging out and having some quality discussions about the industry despite you not quite approving of my posts.

A good trio share this birthday.

11. Bubbler

You are the shit, Cadet. To me, Gloria is the definitive roller skate rink song.

Someday, Mrs. Bubbler, myself, and my kids will do a group skate to Gloria and I will cry, knowing I passed the Branigan roller skate rink torch down to another generation.

This will come right before I fall on my never-could-roller-skate-worth-a-shit, out-of-shape ass. I will give a thumbs up from my gurney when Branigan sings her final, triumphal verse.

Then, Mrs. Bubbler and the kids, will shrug and continue skating to this ...

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Adding one I actually remember (a staple at my 8th birthday party at, you guessed it, Skate Country):

Draft saved Draft deleted