1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official Halloween Costume Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

XXXX, I say you goes as your pic or another Super Fan. I know a few friends who have been Ditka or dressed as guys from that skit. Get an older Bulls / Bears sweatshirt and hat, possibly a big mustache and talk like you are from Chicaaaaaago and eat a saaaausage or knackwurst. Fake a few heart attacks and you'll be golden.

I have a green jacket and will be in the process of moving next week, so if I go out it'll be as the Masters' champion. Carry a putter with me, a few golf balls and maybe wear a hat. It seems easy enough, and costumes cost too much these days.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Reminds me of a George Carlin clip.

3. XXXX

XXXX Member

Thats a real great idea! It would probably be pretty cheap to.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Will bars let you bring a putter in?

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Go as a flasher.
    All you need is:
    Trench coat, sunglasses, floppy hat, and a large dildo. Wear knee-high socks with Birks to up the creep factor.

And, if there's drinking at the party, if partygoers pass out, you can have lots of fun taking pictures of them with the adult toy.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why would I want to dress up like Moddy?

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

probably not. I was thinking putter or other club if i got to a house party. If I go out to a bar I'll just wear the coat and hat. Maybe carry a scorecard around or some other golf items.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good idea.

9. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I didn't come up with any good concepts, freaked out as I was running out of time and decided just to rock the "Dr. Howie Feltersnatch, Gynecologist" lab coat with slacks and a shirt and tie this year.

I do like that Girl Scout/Cookie Monster idea.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah because I've just been dying to use that giant dildo I have lying around my house.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Here are some ideas from my sick-o friends:
    1. Michael Vick - jersey + jailbird pants with a stuffed dog with noose around it's next & other props
    2. Larry Craig - a suit & senate badge with the pants around the ankles, foot tapping.
    3. VT Shooter - yeah, this one's really inappropriate. VT garb with toy weapons
    4. Flava Flav - Buy a viking hat and take the clock off your wall and wear it around your neck

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The dark corner of my soul laughed about the Steve Irwin thing just a tiny little bit when that was the "hot" costume. No part of me thinks the VT shooter thing is funny though. It's not even that I'd be offended — though I would be — it's just not funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted