1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office Season Finale (8pm start btw) W/ SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 17, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

A couple thoughts....
    I hope nobody's TIVO cut off early tonight. I really didn't see that coming..... thought for sure Karen would get the job.
    Also, Michael Scott, you motorboating son of a bitch. You old sailor, you! Are they built for speed or comfort?
    I really think Jim and Pam will get back together.... although they could bring back Karen for a few episodes early next season to make life difficult for them.
    All in all, a great episode... much better than last week's.

2. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

Jim, dammit, what were you thinking?

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I think the flashback to the beach was a nice little coda to last week's ep. If the show that scene then it make that whole episode better.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

What gave it away? ;)

My favorite throw-away line was the corporate guy, David, saying everyone in New York was great - except the HR guy. Beautiful.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The line I liked the most was Stanley's "I'll give you a million Stanley nickels if you never talk to me again."

Great episode. Jim's making the right choice (and it's not even close).

6. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I know sometimes people complain about Michael's "over-the-top" personality, but it's episodes like tonight that remind me what makes this show so great. It didn't go for the easy, cheap laugh. The humor was wide-ranging, from subtle laughs to toilet humor. Michael giving Jan's assistant the message had me rolling. But, sometimes, even the not-so-funny stuff is brilliant. Karen not sticking around for Jim, during his interview, coupled with Pam putting one of the tin foil gold medals from the "Office Olympics" episode a couple years ago gave the audience good reason for Jim making the decision he did.
    Plus, all the stuff with Dwight was outstanding. And, the look on Ryan's face as he told Kelly "We're done" was spot-fucking-on. Excellent.
    This is easily the best comedy on television right now and hopefully, it can maintain this level for a few more seasons.

7. Pam to Karen: "I hope you get the job."

Dwight teaching them about soil.

Angela's swooming looks every time Dwight was being a dick.

Brilliant.

Also - I hope they just put Jim and Pam together and find a new engine for the show (much like "Friends" put Ross and Rachel on hold for a few seasons and developed other storylines).

Also - Can we finally say the show has grown out of the shadow of the "better" British version?

8. da el g

da el g Member

Creed: "Swing low sweet chariot"

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"and i'm not gay" was pretty damned funny, too. the facial expression sold it.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My wife was starting to cry and then Jim (really tall guy, did not know) asked her to dinner set her over the top.

11. I liked Michael's explanation for getting back with Jan.

"Your suggestions were good, Pam, but Jan's were bigger." [/paraphrasing]

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think that was nut on. i watched it less than an hour ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted