1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office is Back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought the episode was mediocre, but that was a keeper.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think I end up posting this on every Office thread, but there are people like Michael out there. I worked for one for about five months. The guy even had the same slicked-back haircut Michael wore in season one and drove a Seabring convertable.

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Good points. I thought Michael's best moment might have been when he and Dwight went out to the chairman's house, trying, however ineptly, to try to save everyone's job. I also liked it when the Stamford hotshot used his promotion to leverage an opportunity elsewhere and Jim noted that "Michael Scott, on his worst day, would never do that." (I might not be quoting exactly.)
    But still ... the guy can barely dress himself.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's one helluva site.

At the risk of showjacking here ... if you have time and haven't seen it, you might want to check out the early episodes of "Canterbury's Law" with Julianna Marguiles. It's atypical and entertaining, and the presence of Aidan Quinn is always a plus.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My new boss is Michael Scott except he cares a lot less about his employees. He acts like he cares about us, but everyone can see through it and can tell he cares about himself and his employment with the company first.

6. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

"I can't, my house is on fire."
    "Flooded."
    "Flooded."

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I can't believe no one has mentioned Hunter's music. I'm pretty sure Jan is the one who took his hand and made him a man.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Anyone else sort of dissapointed with this episode?

Dwight showing up with that old woman was priceless, but Jan acted out of character tonight, and the whole episode was forced and awkward. There weren't a lot of classic lines besides Michael belting out "That's what she said," and Angela talking about Dwight's beats in her mouth.

I felt like this episode was written during the writer's strike.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I thought the song was about some one-night fling Jan and him had. :D

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

agreed. I kept on thinking if Hunter named a women in the song, it would be Jan.
    Beets are a food, not beats.

According to a video on nbc.com, this episode was written before the strike.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Still, gotta say my favorite moments in this episode were (in no particular order)...

1.) Jan throwing the Dundee at and breaking Michael's HD TV. Kind of had that "Andy just punched the wall" feeling to it.

2.) When the cops arrive at Jan and Michaels, the first person to greet them was, of course, Dwight. God, every time he flexs his law enforcement muscle (I.E. taking over the office's security), it makes me nearly wet myself with laughter.

3.) Andy, without missing a beat, saying "I've thought about it, I'm in" when Michael propositions him and Jim to invest in Jan's company.

4.) The video camera. Enough said.

5.) The way Michael completely tricked Jim and Pam into coming to his house was F-in' brilliant.

Michael: "So, Jim, you got any plans tonight?"

Jim: "No, you told us not to make any because we were working."

Solid episode.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I'm rewatching the episode online, anyone notice the Andy Warhol type painting of Jan on the stairs on the way upstairs? It's kinda creepy.

Draft saved Draft deleted