1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office is Back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 10, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I also thought she knew it was about to really become a party when Dwight showed up.

2. Funniest part was Jim trying to leave with or without Pam.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Michael's clues during the Charades game were:

"Rhymes with Marnold Marzeneggar"

"Governor of California"

"I'll be back."

And Angela still didn't get it. Hilarious ...

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Ain't no party like a Scranton party ...

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cuz a Scranton party don't stop ...

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Pulitzer: I think that was the only way they could make the romance even remotely plausible. They had to change the Jan character.
    The real problem -- maybe "problem" is overstating it -- is that is great as Steve Carell is as Michael, nobody is that much of an idiot. In real life, that guy would be homeless and jobless. Or maybe advising newspapers on how to cope with the challenges of the internet.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True. Michael is the only character I could never see meeting in real life.

Everyone else, even Creed, has their doppelganger in the real world.

8. I think it was a stretch to take the romance to this level in the first place. It was far, far funnier when she regretted making out with him and he was still trying to push it. They've never gotten that hilarious tension back.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Parts were funny and parts were hard to watch.
    I've always thought that Michael's over the top buffonery hurts the show and not helps.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That's what I meant, though maybe I didn't explain it well. Where the other characters find the disaster that is Dwight annoying, she finds it amusing and entertaining.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Michael rolls out the "Oaky afterbirth," and we see Jim's face contort a bit -- as if he'd quickly swallowed a mouth full of food -- and say "What was that?" One of the best comedic replys ever. Great timing. Great cutaway after he said it. I watched that give-and-take at least half a dozen times. Tremendous.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The show is at its best when the idiots, i.e. Michael, Dwight and to a lesser extent, Andy, prove their worth.

Dwight, for all his downsides, is a hell of a salesman, and still not as good as Michael can be. Seems about one in every 10 episodes, Michael does something great, like that paper commercial, or closing a huge deal with a formerly exclusive company when they took the roadt trip to the convention early in (I think) season 3 or setting everything up at Chiles that one time. They need to show that to maintain even a shred of credibility. I wish they did it more often, but they really can't live without doing it at least sparingly.

Draft saved Draft deleted