1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office is back...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is it just me, or does everyone else think that the less the show focuses on the Jim-Pam thing, the better and funnier it is?

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I enjoy the Jim-Pam dynamic.

BTW, who turned up Kevin's mic? I don't remember him being so audible in the seasons 1/2.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

10-1 odds it was one of the producers.

4. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

That may be true, but to succeed, "The Office" can't just be funny. It has to alternate making you laugh out loud with making you squirm-in-your-seat uncomfortable for the characters.

Example: Michael all of a sudden really seeming to express symptoms of depression last night toward the end of the show.

Example: Jim lifting Pam in the air at the karate place in the first season and her reacting as if a huge line had been crossed.

Example: Jim walking up to Pam's desk to meet her mother and Roy walking in right at that moment.

5. I'm the opposite. Carrell is a great actor but the character is so annoying and over the top. I love the supporting cast ... Jim/Pam, Ryan/annoying girl, Dwight/Drew ... the betting last night was great ... the Michael stuff was just OK

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Interesting to note that this episode was directed by Harold Ramis.

Draft saved Draft deleted