1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office is back...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yeah, for the assholes who remembered it was on.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Great episode, but I laughed the hardest at the 30 Rock commercial when Liz told Alec Baldwin to take his beeper off. "I can't. I'm waiting for a call from 1983," he says. Thursday nights are the best night on television with Office, Scrubs and 30 Rock.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is it sacrilege to think NBC's current lineup with Office, Scrubs, Earl and 30 Rock is funnier than any combination it had during Seinfeld/Cheers' heyday?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

not at all

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT, I forgot to record this. Guess we'll have to watch it tomorrow on itunes.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I liked tonight's episode, but it wasn't as uproariously funny as some that I've seen ... still, it was great in the last 10 minutes and resolved some issues. There's just enough tension between Jim and Karen to think that something is about to blow up there ... I think he's going to start getting annoyed with her. Just a hunch.

Oh, and I think Kelly fucks like a beast. Another hunch. :D

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

nevermind, I've been saved. It was recorded without my knowledge. :)

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

After watching her go at it with Ryan, you're probably right. Hmm, think she goes crazier than Jan would?

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

if you leave out Earl on that list then you're right on.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Why else would Ryan put up with her? He clearly can't stand her.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

dude, Earl rocks.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I think this is a case of out of sight, out of mind, sort of like the "Kobe's better than Jordan" argument. We tend to forget a little too easily just how great something or someone was when they're not right in front of us.

This current Thursday lineup is spectacular, don't get me wrong. But it hasn't come close to achieving the level reached by The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers and Night Court or Cosby, A Different World, Cheers and Wings.

It's pretty close to the years of Friends, filler, Seinfeld, filler, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted