1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office - 5/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, May 10, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the look he received after the line was the funniest part of the show.

2. They're going to run into problems with the Jim character eventually and where to go with him. He's clearly the smartest, most efficient, most charismatic person on the staff. Corporate loves him, we already know. And he's not satisfied with being a grunt. They'll have to really work to keep him at Scranton in his current role and not have him climb the corporate ladder quickly. Will require some real creativity to keep that fresh.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I guess that's what I mean, Waylon. You could see it in Jim's eyes at the end of the show this week, the boredom with everything. He just looks sick of dealing with Michael, sick of being in the middle of this awkward Pam-Karen thing. I know they have to keep him around. The show would suck without him. But he just looks like he wants out, to be done with all of this, to start fresh.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

and the show would also suck if michael wasn't the boss of the scranton branch. unless jim or steve carell is asking to be written out - and i can't possibly imagine why anyone would want out of this show when it has just a year or so left until it hits syndication which means the actors hit the jackpot - then i think we'll see status quo on scranton.

5. Jim's been stuck at that job for years and it's his own fault. The guy has no career ambition or drive. You don't think he'll be happy to stick around if he hooks up with Pam?

His ambition for the corporate job is driven by Karen ... just like his leaving for Stamford was tied to Pam.

6. Sly

Sly Active Member

Here's an idea: Michael gets the job at corporate and they elevate Jim to the head of Scranton. Then, next season, Michael finds he can't work at corporate and be that close to Jan so he comes back to Scranton ... as a low-level grunt. That'd be HUGE for laghs.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The synopsis for the (sniff, sniff) season finale:

In a special one-hour finale, the office is still buzzing from the events of their day at the beach. A job opening in Corporate pits coworker against coworker as Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell), Jim (John Krasinski) and Karen (Rashida Jones) all head to New York for final interviews. In Scranton, Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) new regime institutes sweeping reforms, Pam (Jenna Fischer) plays an interesting role, and Jan (Melora Hardin) comes in with exciting news.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

But does he want to hook up with Pam any more? I'm not so sure. There's only so much a man can take, in terms of being walked on by a woman.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How did Pam walk on him? From what I've seen, yes, she rebuffed his advance when she was still engaged. Since then, he's been taken. It's not like he's been chasing her and she's leading him on.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I guess in the respect that every time Jim threw himself out there, Pam shied away. Yeah, she was engaged, but she was also visibly unhappy, but too afraid to get rid of the sure thing in favor of what she probably felt was the right thing.

Now she's thrown herself out there, and Jim isn't sure if he wants to get rid of the sure thing in favor of what he really wants. Or does he really want it? It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic works itself out.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

finally watched it. thought it was wondeful. ;D

people here are waaaay too harsh. :eek:

or maybe i'm simply easy to please. something to be said for that, no? :D

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm right with ya. I usually don't like slapstick, either, but when it has great timing -- as Helms did in this bit -- it really hits home. I was laughing louder than I had the entire episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted