1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office - 5/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, May 10, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Michael says: "That was great Pam, but I'm looking for someone with sales experience."

The way he said it had me laughing for two minutes.

After the break, they were singing The Flintstones, much like they were singing The Gambler on the way down.

2. Wanted to add one more thing: Pam's little scene at the end was endearing.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

That was IT? Like most of America, our DVR cut off when Pam walked into the water. I went on the Office site to see the two-minute replay but it crashed -- with many notes from people whose DVR cut off at about the same time. Was this some sort of intentional thing from NBC? And not just that network. It's a common problem for just about any show I record.

So Pam walks in the water, Michael says his line, and they're singing the Flintstones theme? Not exactly the most satisfying ending. Christ.

4. Actually, this doesn't happen a whole lot to me but when it does I'm usually fortunate to be taping the next show or happen to be watching the next show when it comes on. This did suck and I think it was universal. It cut off exactly the same time on both of our DVRs.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Seems to me there are setting up a finale where Jim gets offered the corporate job and doesn't take it because of Pam's speech and the job gets offered to Karen. We won't find out if Karen took it until next season (because Rashida Jones has a pilot at Fox and they will bring her back to the Office if it doesn't get picked up).

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was better than most people I guess. The last five minutes were pretty damn good, but there were laughs all the way in between. Especially with Stanley, who was stellar. I love that damn show. And I'm the last guy in the world who wants to see Jim stay with Karen.

7. I hope it's not that predictable. I thought they did a really good job coming up with new twists after last season's cliff hanger (Jim going to Stamford) and I'm optimistic they'll come up with a couple of surprises ... anyone else kind of hoping Michael gets the job and leaves the show?

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Michael's the glue.

9. I understand. He drives the story lines and makes everyone else interesting but I wish they'd make him just a tad less oblivious and a tad less over-the-top.

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

http://www.tv-links.co.uk has tons of TV shows/movies/cartoons and usually post the new episodes within 12 hours of original airings. I'd bookmark the link. It's a great site ... but, then again, I'm just a douchenozzle, right? ;-)

11. da el g

da el g Member

you have got to be kidding me, that is what makes this show genius and not just another comedy- the ability to move from making you feel very uncomfortable to laughter

I thought this was a great episode even thought it serves more as a set-up for the season finale, the growth in Pam's character is something you rarely see in a comedy program

12. T2

T2 Member

I don't have a DVR; I'm still using a DVD recorder that I program manually. After failing to record the end of a lot of programs, I decided that if the show was supposed to air from 8:00 to 8:30, I'd set the timer to record from 7:59 to 8:33. Haven't had a problem since. Is it practical to do this sort of thing with a DVR?

Draft saved Draft deleted