1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office - 5/10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, May 10, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Fucking NBC. They ran a radio commercial earlier today promoting the "one hour season finale of Earl. But when I turned on the TV at 9, I saw that I missed the first 20 minutes of The Office. Earl was only 40 minutes. Why does NBC play around with the start times of their shows? No wonder their Thursday night show ratings suck. They shouldn't make their loyal viewers have to jump through hoops to catch their shows.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fucking hysterical tonight. Stanley was huge, just awesome. The ending had a total "holy shit" moment, even though you knew it was coming it was still "wow." And I'm sure they're still looking for Andy.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

The scenes with Creed were, as always, hysterical. Lost it laughing both when he caught the fish bare-handed, then when he held up its skeleton and said "We were having hot dogs?"

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm glad I checked TV Guide online and saw that the Office started at 8:40 ... you're right. The NBC promos sucked.

Again, this episode could have been better. When they stretch it to 40 minutes, they're not as good. Very few laugh out loud moments tonight, aside from Creed's usual solid one-liner.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Please, please someone post the link for the episode when they get it. Forgot to set TiVo.

6. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

These were the only two parts I laughed at, kind of a blah episode.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm almost pissed at that episode now that I think about it more. I think it sucked. Royally, actually. Worst of the season.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The last 5 minutes were great, but the other 35 were rather blah and predictable.
    Hope next week makes up for it...

9. this show used to be a lot better. now it's just too predictable for every character. last few mins were a surprise, though.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

"Meet The Flintstones" was disappointing considering it was cribbed from "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." It was especially weak after "The Gambler."

Just seemed like there was so much more they could have done aside from all the obvious turns this one took.

Michael's irrational hatred of Toby remains an interesting subplot, as does Toby's completely passive reaction to Michael's abuse.

Neat twist with Pam becoming emboldened by walking the hot coals and sharing her Jim feelings in front of everyone.

Also liked reinforcing Angela's meanness by having her watch Andy float away.

Otherwise, I agree this one was pretty blah.

I don't watch "Survivor," so maybe some of the things that happened were spoofs of that show that I didn't get.

11. Wow, surprised at all the negativity. I loved the episode, except for where my Tivo cut off right as Pam ran into the water ... can someone please, please tell me what the hell happened after that, if anything? They usually have a 30 second scene after the commercials ...

What I liked: look on Toby's face when Pam tells him she's going to have a two piece swim suit on and he knows he's going to miss it.

- I'm not a big slapstick guy but I had tears in my eyes from the moment Andy fell into the water to the next scene where you see a little blob in the back behind Michael and then it focuses in and it's Andy. I knew the blob was Andy and I was still laughing.

- Stanley eating the hotdogs, Stanley tackling Jim and Stanley's 5 seconds of sucking up to Michael before he gives up were all great.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I also loved Dwight's total misinterpretation of The Aristocrats joke. He skipped the improvisational part where the teller goes into graphic detail about the incest, bodily function, etc., instead saying "and then the father says some really graphic things," then finishes the joke. Classic example of this show's subtle humor.

Draft saved Draft deleted