1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office (11/9) -- spoilers possible

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Nov 9, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Another great episode:

--The beginning had the best Jim-Dwight prank yet. Nice setup and the payoff nearly had me off my couch.

--Michael's reaction to Jan's news was priceless as was him and Dwight deciding to recreate "Roger and Me"

--I am surprised that they asked Jim to be the No. 2 instead of making him No. 1 when the Stamford manager announced he was leaving.

--I liked that they had the Stamford chick admit for the camera that she was into Jim.

--Stanley's reaction to the news was also great. He is the most underrated character on that show.

--"Costa Rica will still be there............When I'm 65."

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"You look exotic ... was your dad a GI?"

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I can't wait to see this when I get home. It's become, by far, my favorite TV comedy.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The beginning is AMAZING....great physical comedy by Dwight.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I didn't like Bowling For Columbine. I thought it'd be a movie about bowling, like Kingpin."

Not an every week watcher, but it's always funny when I watch. I love the camerawork too, for some reason.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"... romeo and Juliet ... the Claire Danes one."

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

this show continues to prove why it is the best show out there right now. michael is honestly a really great boss. but the best was when michael asked if he was going to be transfered or be given a severence package and jan says "nothing is finalized yet. youll be given severence." cracked me up

and the beginning was unbelievably hillarious.

cant wait for next week.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Loved that line by Jim (paraphrasing) -- "Say what you will about Michael Scott, but he would never do that."

NBC.com has the extended producer's cut. Very funny with a lot of added scenes.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This episode set up the rest of the season very nicely. (Really, it did.)

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I underrated this show for a long time because my wife doesn't like it.

But it's really, really good. And last night was The Office at its best.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you couldn't do that, because you need michael in that position. and yeah, it could get flipped after a while, but then you ruin jim's credibility as the smartest guy in the room, of which much of the show's balance depends.

plus, how awesome is it gonna be to see dwight when it is announced that kim is the assistant regional manager and michael has never made him anything but assistant to the regional manager -- going to be great. plus the tension between new chick and pam. catfight for jim!

also, will miss ed helms... somehow 'big tuna' has to live on

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Big Tuna!!!!

He's gotta live on. He comes from a little place called Cornell. Maybe you've heard of it? He was drunk all four years, never studied, and still graduated.

And the prank with Future Dwight, definitely the best.

Sucks for Ryan. Here he thought he had an easy way to break up with Kelly, and it's all for naught.

Draft saved Draft deleted