1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office -- 11/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Good point. I always thought plot was the device.

2. Amen, brotha ... Amen. :)

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm of the party that says Earl is better than ever this season. Thursday's episode was outstanding.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry man, but earl sucks this season ... IMHO.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

First, off loved the episode.

I'm watching it again now because of this thread...

A couple small, hilarious things from early in the episode: When Dwight has the "various weaponry" placed through the office, his look when he takes the sword from the ceiling is priceless -- as is him putting his mouth on the blowgun even though its in the toilet...HAHAAH

6. pa writer

pa writer Member

I really like what they've done with Jim's character this year; sort of reminds me what they did with Pam last season. Last year she was sort of cast adrift, went back to Roy, found who she was and got with Jim.

This year, they're really delving into how Jim, in his own way, is more pathetic than Michael. Jim is a bright guy who hates his job and constantly looks down on his lot in life. He's doing the same sophomoric shit he did at the start of the series. It's been fun to see the writers expose his subtle character flaws this season. It would have been so easy to make him the wise-cracking cool guy of the office.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jim saying he's can't go camping because he's giving blood then Michael saying "how many times can you give blood" was hilarious. Dwayne is great.

That Jim/Michael scene at the end was a nice touch to bring the show back to some reality.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Michael - "When we used to have satellite TV."

Jan has plastic...

Did anyone else catch that?

Draft saved Draft deleted