1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Andy at marker board: OK, why don't you just lay off lady?

"While you were typing that, I searched every database in existence, and learned every fact about everything and mastered the violin. Oh, and sold more paper.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I liked the im from the computer probably as much as I did Dwight faxing himself from the future.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

"Dwight,
    At 8 a.m. today someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially,
    Future Dwight.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...You'll thank me later..."

I was impressed with Dwight's evil side by stealing Staples' customers.

4. Hey, I just thought you should know that one of my salesmen beat your computer - so take that asshole.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can see where people are complaining about some of the characters being over the top. Kevin tonight was WAAAAAY over the top ... to the point that I was like, "I get it. You're Kevin. Calm down." And they racheted up Angela's bitch factor to an almost unbelievable degree.

I don't expect all TV to be believable. But I expect a show to kind of follow the set of values it has set for itself. That's why people are having problems with last week's How I Met Your Mother. There were several things that happened that just weren't believable in the context of the show.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I liked it. It made me laugh, which is all I want out of The Office.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You just want her now because you see everyone else wants her.

And I just remembered where Kevin called the one place's pizza "a hot circle of garbage." That made me laugh hard.

8. HAHAHA great episode.

PS -- the future Dwight faxes will NEVER be topped...

9. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

What usually happens with me and this show happened again: I can't remember a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, and am kind of blah. The box thing at the beginning was funny, and Andy's stuff was funny. Other than that? Eh.

I guess I can see Michael's rationale on the pizzaboy: Ryan's really f-ing with his world, so he sees all young people as an affront to him. I guess I get it.

SPup, I have had many shitty bosses also, but the "this happens to me on a daily basis" thing doesn't fly with me. Michael's way over the top act would never happen on a regular basis in any office.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great night of TV from NBC...

Hey Doc, you single? I don't feel a ring on that finger.

I am having a bone shaving and an organ reduction.

The name of the club is called "Chatroom."

I have the DVD for knocked up at home from Netflix, and honestly, I don't think it will deliver the laughs Earl, 30 Rock and The Office gave me last night.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You don't have to buy it, but that's how life at my office is. My boss is over the top all the time. He doesn't process things the way Michael doesn't process things well. I'm just used to it.

12. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Fair enough, but I think you and a lot of others are allowing this bad boy to run on its past laurels. To each his/her own.

Draft saved Draft deleted