1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 10/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I think it maintained because so many people were involved. Almost everyone in the cast had a few good lines, or funny looks. This is supposed to be an ensemble show and it was tonight. It didn't focus on Michael, as you said.

I said this above, but I thought this was a great episode for character development. Andy worked on his anger management, you could see Dwight was looking terrible after the breakup, Pam showed -- despite the pranks she plays-- that she cared about Dwight's feelings with the last IM, we got a little insight on how long Jim and Pam have had feelings for each other, and how strong Dwight and Michael's friendship is.

Is it just me, or did that block not hit the corner in the intro? I saw it bounced off the side like they were talking about. Maybe I just have bad vision.

"The VIP party is at a place called 'Chatroom' and the password to get in is 'password." -Michael

"Is there a 'www' before the party's address" - Jim

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It did hit the corner. I saw it hit the wall a couple of times, but that time, it hit the corner.

3. Glad I'm not alone. I can't wait to watch it again in a little while. There were too many good lines to remember. And yes, the fact so much of the cast was involved made it great: Kevin talking about the pizza, Oscar explaining about the pizza, 'Sammy' dancing to the music ... and while it didn't seem like Creed was in it, the fact that he was in on the box game made me smile as well ... usually he's in his own world.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

This show started to suck last year and now it's really sucking. i need to stop watching ... just wish it was as good as season 2. they are going way over the top on every character. the subtle humor that made this show so great is gone.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wow...someone really thinks this show sucks? I mean, I've heard people talk about episodes being bad but not the show sucking in general.

6. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

the subtly of all the characters is gone now, which makes it suck. once the pam-jim thing was over it was if the writers didn't know how to go forward so they just made every character as crazy as can be. shows should have a 3-year limit on them. know when to tap out.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

See, I disagree completely. I think the show is just as funny now as it ever was, if not more funny. Season three was entirely funnier than season one or two and this one is shaping up to be even better.

8. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I thought the Pam - Dwight IMs were funny, and also Angela's look when Andy brought in the ice sculpture. Other than that i thought it was boring.

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

season 2 was incredible.

10. I'm watching it again ... and in an effort to convince you folks how great it was I'm going to Tivo-blog it, as opposed to live blog it. :)

Again, Creed watching the square cracks me up. Pam, "I saw it. I saw it and it was amazing. Who said I didn't see it, did Jim say I didn't see it? I saw it!"

Andy, "Aww, come on!"

11. "Dwight mercy-killed Angela's cat ..."

Jim mocking Andy ...

Angela: "Plan a party, Angela. Oh, and the entire world will see it. Oh, and here's $65 for your budget, oh here are four idiots who will do nothing but weigh you down and oh, your cat's still dead."

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm with SPUP. This was by far my fave of the new season.

The A Capella singing with Andy was priceless.

Draft saved Draft deleted