1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 1-18 (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Jan 18, 2007.

1. billikens

billikens Member

"I miss Dwight....Congratulations universe, you win."

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Some critic was saying the references were basically a dis to "Lost", because it's the dorkier characters who are fans...it ain't Jim wanting to get home to see "Lost"

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Last night's episode was the third one I've ever watched. This show is freakin' hilarious. Just the little things makes this show. The blank "what the hell" stares get me every time. I'm definitely sold on watching it from now on.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Caught a few minutes of the local sports talk radio the other day, and none of those yahoos like The Office. "It's just not funny" was one of the lines I remember.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ah, i see.

fwiw, if i'm a network exec, no show on my network ever mentions the name of a show on another network.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Michael commenting on Andy's lack of self-awareness got the biggest laugh from me.

7. the fop

the fop Member

He's all up in my business. That's ebonics for he's really annoying.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Of course. No fart jokes.

9. I cracked up when Jim hung up the phone when he saw Andy put his hand through the drywall. :D

10. Sly

Sly Active Member

And why does that surprise you?

I loved when Andy called Ryan "Big Turkey."

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The producer's cut on the internet is freakin' hilarious. They cut out some very funny stuff.

Michael to Jim in break room: On paper, Andy and I should be friends. Do you know our top ten favorite movies are the same? I mean right down to the number. But...
    Jim: Andy is a yes-man. Anything you say you like, he will say he likes.
    Michael: Not always. Sometimes when I say I don't like something, he says that he doesn't like it either.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Hardin speculates on why Jan doesn't know about the lurid photo of her and also says the Michael & Jan relationship will be becoming more open in the next few weeks.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/tv/entries/2007/01/18/an_office_romance.html?cxntfid=blogs_channel_serf

Draft saved Draft deleted