1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Office 1/11 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 11, 2007.

1. da el g

da el g Member

black dude Stanley
    white dude Ryan

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

One thing that I like is the fact that Dwight and Michael are both very effective salesmen.

I thought that it was just a great episode. Do you think that Phyliss told Karen (not Angela) about Jim and Pam to be a jerk? I wasn't sure.

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I hope they lose ed helms. he adds nothing to the show.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The slap in the face was perfect ... as was Andy's gratuitous use of the word "douche." Another great episode ...

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

-- Jim slapping Dwight was simply tremendous.
    -- Then, they go in and make the deal. One huge difference in the UK and US versions of the show is that they actually show them working here. Didn't need to in the original, but this allows them to do a lot more stuff and actually provide more complete characters. Michael's a dork, but he can sell. Ditto Dwight.
    -- I like Ed Helms' character, but he's digging a pretty big hole. Of course, he could just wind up doing Michael's laundry for two years.
    -- Phyllis didn't tell Karen about Jim-Pam to be a jerk, I don't think. Just gossiping.
    -- The look on Karen's face when she understood the reason for the makeover was very good. Another piece to an episode with a lot of little nuggets in it. The Office isn't Seinfeld at its peak when four storylines collided at the end, but it's got a lot of depth.

6. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

That's, for me at least, what makes this show so great. As many times as we've seen Dwight or Michael act like bafoons, when it comes down to their actual job, they ARE really good at it. Adds to, I guess for a lack of a better word, the show's realism.

Oh, and as a side note, I still love 30 Rock. (I think I have a thing for Tina Fey that makes me a little biased.)

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I just thought it was great to see that they're all actually good at their jobs. Even Phyllis and Dwight, who might be hapless, otherwise, had that down pat. And for some reason it was great to see Jim and Dwight, who don't otherwise get along, work together so well on a sale. Who'd have thought?

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/the%2Boffice/video/xyw0z_the-office-traveling-salesmen

9. da el g

da el g Member

I schruted

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

completely disagree, big tuna.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Sorry, what was the reason for the makeover?

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The client's wife had a similar look to what Phyllis and Karen had post-makeover.

Draft saved Draft deleted