1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NYT Fills A Gallon Drum Of Fail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 16, 2008.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So Perle thinks that the utter lack of a post-Saddam plan is on Powell, who didn't even have a seat near the table? Holy crap.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

And a funny one, too. :D

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Perle probably went to sleep after writing that, thinking "Boy, I pulled the wool over their eyes." Big, fat, large-mouth bass fake. Another embarassment, in a
    closet overflowing with them.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

ex-pert: NOUN: 1. A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject. 2a. The highest grade that can be achieved in marksmanship. b. A person who has achieved this grade

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Here's another example of fail-ridden writing in the NYT, if you want to call it writing:

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/03/kristol_bungles_key_fact_in_an.php

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

As I said before, Kristol is the Miss Cleo of political punditry. He just makes shit up that sounds good, no matter how full of shit it really is. Call me now!

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't bother him. He's busy cleaning Quayle's clubs.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is Kristol's lazy writing better or worse than plagarism? Or does he figure the NYT doesn't have a problem quoting sources who are trying to push an agenda with information they don't know to be true and representing it as fact.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An all-too-common habit among the neocons of the world.

All. Too. Common.

11. Wingut legacy+wingnut welfare+liberal guilt at the NYT=Fountains of Fail.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Given that I can't see much of this thread, I'm going to guess it wasn't a political commentary on the what-the-fuck-was-that bad design of their sports front today.

Draft saved Draft deleted