1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The No. 1 party school, alma mater of several of us....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Any listing of the Top party schools in America that doesn't involve Kansas State is rubbish.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They graduated 5 1st Team All AA

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sorry, man. But I've partied and tailgated at both K-State and Ole Miss, and there ain't no comparison.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'm amused that people are going to actually start debating these rankings, which are incredibly subjective and kind of silly. For starters, how the heck do you define "party school" in the first place?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Seriously? I haven't partied on any campus in several years, but I'd have ranked K-State third in the state of Kansas.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Fascinating that UF is ranked No. 9 in both. I'm not sending any alumni donations until the journalism school kids either drink better or write more.

(And what happened to Chico State? They used to represent the great California State University system quite nicely. And if you've ever been to Chico, you'd understand.)

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was a serious hangover from last season's success.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Let's see. I'll have a degree in two and have written for one. Looks like being an alcoholic journalist was fate.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Syracuse is a party school? There's two areas to party, and one is kind of snooty. I call bullshit.

They must have been referring to nearby SUNY Oswego, which used to have the best bars to student ratio in the country. Also a good communications school, with no pesky sports programs to distract the students from their drinking time.

10. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Sad to see my alma mater - San Diego State - fall from grace like that.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

DePauw? Seriously?

Draft saved Draft deleted