1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Night is (still) dark and full of terrors — running House of the Dragon thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 19, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

She wants to put her son Aegon on the throne. The question of how far she’s willing to go in order to have that happen is what the entire series is about.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Well if we’re to believe Alicent has some grand Littlefinger-esque plan, that began at the wedding, 10 years in a long time to sit around waiting for Phase 2, that’s all.

Also kinda hard to believe the King’s still kicking after the time jump given his collapse and seemingly awful condition

3. 2muchcoffeeman

I think we’re going to pick up in the year 120 After Conquest, which was apparently a momentous year. Viserys I died in his sleep in 129 AC, according to the maesters’ histories.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

That opening scene had more cattiness than an entire feline rescue.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the show, but they still can't pull off stuff like this.

6. JimmyHoward33

They’re profoundly unlikable.

Aegon’s scene getting yelled at by his mother, his general state of being made Tommen look like a conqueror by comparison

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The visuals for the first half of the show was too dark but a pretty thrilling end to the episode.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Whole episode worked well for me. We're about 7 days away from the excrement colliding with the high speed rotary oscillator.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Oh, and it finally happened.

[​IMG]

10. JimmyHoward33

Without somebody dying yet

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Nobody died at the wedding. Granted, nobody outside family was invited to the wedding.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great episode. And we ended up turning out the lights for that early stretch when it was really dark lighting. Much easier. And even without that, it still wasn't nearly as darkly lit as the one episode of GoT late in the series.

Draft saved Draft deleted