1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The next Comedy Central Roast will be... James Franco...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably true. I was a fan for 25 years, but his ego is far and above 99 percent of the people in Hollywood and that's saying something. If you can dish it out as much as he has over the years, you should be able to take it as well.

2. Mizzougrad96

The things I liked about this one is that most of the people doing the roasting were friends of Franco's.

The saying is "We only roast the ones we love..." Well, if it's Jeffrey Ross roasting Jimmy Kimmel, maybe... If it's Anthony Jeselnik roasting Roseanne, probably not...

That was actually one of the things about the Larry the Cable Guy Roast that I liked, his friends showed up.

I've never been a big Franco fan, but my opinion of him comes up a bit based on the fact that his A-list (or close to it) friends showed up to this.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't get that impression at all.
    I thought Ansari's laughter seemed forced most of the time.

4. Mizzougrad96

I thought Hill looked genuine. I like Aziz, but he always kind of has this look about him like he would rather be anyplace other than where he is.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Aziz had some good lines, but I thought he was the least funny of them all.

6. Mizzougrad96

I found Samberg a bit annoying and I know that was the point, but he didn't pull it off like when Norm... I wasn't a huge fan of Hader's deal either and I'm a fan of both...

I thought Leggero did the best with Ross a very close second. I didn't think Aziz did that great either.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Caught this on a rerun. I thought Samberg's anti-roast roast was brilliant. I hardly ever watch these anymore because it's so wash-rinse-repeat, but that bit had me rolling.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Mizzougrad?

9. Dead.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Would've loved it if Tyson and Nattie won best couple and he stole the Slammy, took full credit and carried it around for the full year and basically just snatched Owen's Slammy gimmick. Sigh.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

A question I'm surprised hasn't been asked more often. Just assumed everyone but me got the memo. I have a feeling he's around in another form.

Draft saved Draft deleted