1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Newsroom -- Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 10, 2014.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The guest casting was good at the very least. Toby Flenderson was superb.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He's also one of the show's producers, or writers, or something like that.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Another callback to The West Wing with the Equatorial Republic of Kundu.

Also, Jane Fonda can still bring it.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As usual, the Maggie stuff was brutal. Otherwise, a really good episode. Like Olivia Munn, Kat Dennings is an actress who can really pull off the Sorkin patter.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kat Dennings doesn't get as much credit as she deserves because of her main TV character.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you thought he was great last week, wait till you see this week's episode.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's the first time I flat-out laughed during a scene of this.

8. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

There is not a single team in the history of Texas A&M which lost to Nebraska in four consecutive seasons.

Fine episode otherwise. Next to No Lines Tess (who actually was allowed to speak this week!), Neal probably was the least consequential character on the show prior to this season. Though it's probably the most heavy handed thing the show has done, they found a way to make him matter.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Jimmi Simpson? Always Sunny or Newsroom? Simpson isn't credited as a writer for either. Are you thinking of the actor who plays the priest on Always? He was (is?) a producer/writer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JimmyHoward33

He means Paul Lieberstein aka Toby Flenderson aka climate change EPA guy

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This show is always fun when Will gets his back up. The scene with the FBI interviewer was great, as was the scene with the FBI raid. I'm enjoying this abbreviated season.

12. JimmyHoward33

I'm not sure the Charlie could be any more of a thick headed old man if he tried. No one can do my job except me because they're not qualified! It's dumb. Especially since he was essentially doing BJ Novak's style show before Mac waltzed in in season 1, and I guess his he curbed his speeches since Will had a broken heart? Give the BJ Novak character a chance man.

I'm not sure Jim could be any more of a jerk if he tried. Its obvious the entire story is a vehicle to get him with Maggie within a 6-episode time frame, I just find it to be a waste of the viewer's time and his self righteousness has made it hard for me to root for him to have a happy ending.

Other than that, good show. Will's scenes with the judge and priest were very enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted