1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New York Post Sucks, Part Infinity

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 27, 2006.

1. http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/27/olbermann-death-threat-powered-letter-made-fun-of-by-murdochs-ny-post/

Tell the 500 Planned Parenthood clinics that got fake anthrax a few years back how fucking funny it is.
    Sending threats -- even empty ones -- by mail is a federal offense.
    Conservatism -- Party Of Ideas.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hello, D_B.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/32323/

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

But it was funny, see. Because Olbermann was terrified, according to anonymous sources. Ha! Ha!

Fraidy cat. Fraidy cat.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nah. Fenian is spinning it forward.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen printed in a newspaper.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, I used contemptible on the other thread!

7. busuncle

busuncle Member

I laughed. I guess I'm a bad person.

Why would you go to the hospital after you've been told the substance is soap powder?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Because you think you're smarter than the doctors (and almost everyone else in the world, for that matter).

And he's probably a hypochondriac.

And he's a megalomaniac who thinks he's actually important enough to be a terror target. Oh wait, that's just silly, the idea that a braodcast personality would have that sort of ego. Hey, didn't we cover something like that on here not too long ago?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

All of you guys - Fenian, JR, Lyman, Pallister, etc.

You guys do realize that you are completely disfunctional, messageboard-wise, right?

[​IMG]

10. The National Enquirer got a letter with real anthrax in it back in '02.
    Are they "important enough"?
    And sending fake powder is a) terrorism, because the anti-abortion wingnuts have been doing it for years, and b) a federal crime.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Are you really dumb enough to assume that anything that can hurt you in an envelope mailed by someone who has a grudge with you will be visible to the naked eye? How can anyone blame the guy for wanting to make sure everything was kosher? Fenian's Enquirer example should make why he felt that way rather clear.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Fixed. Sorry for appropriating your word, Ace.

Draft saved Draft deleted